SkyHi Travel, Inc.
Last Updated: June 6, 2017
SkyHi Travel, Inc.
13614 Sunset Drive
Apple Valley, CA 92308
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has submitted Personal Data to SkyHi, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding the processing of Personal Data may be less protective than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
- Types of Data We Collect And Use. Subject to Sections 11 and 12, “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that does not, by itself or in combination with other data that, alone, would be anonymous, permit the identification of individual persons and that is not associated with or linked to Personal Data. We and our authorized service providers collect and use Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- We will collect your first and last name, e-mail address, and password when you create an account to log in to our Services (“Account”). Your Account information is used to identify you as a user in our system. In addition, we will send you a welcome e-mail to verify the ownership of the e-mail address you provided for your Account. We may also use your e-mail to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories.
- In order to process your airline ticket orders, we will collect all necessary information to process and issue you an airline ticket, including without limitation, your full legal name, address, birthdate, gender, frequent flyer number, redress number, known traveler number, contact information, passport information, and payment information.
- If you apply to be a SkyHi Ambassador, we will collect your first and last name, e-mail address, location, social media information, and other information in connection with your public online profile as required in order to assess your qualifications as a potential SkyHi Ambassador.
- In order to provide a tailored Application experience, we will collect information regarding your travel preferences, frequency, and types of travel.
- In order to improve the Application experience, we will collect feedback regarding your experience and ask questions about what features you may want to see in the Application.
- If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will collect your e-mail address, name, and travel preferences.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in your e-mail to us, in order to send you a reply.
- We will also collect and/or use Personal Data at other points in our Site, Application, or Services that state that Personal Data is being collected and/or used for any other purposes disclosed to you at that time, pursuant to your consent.
- Information You Provide to Social Networking Sites.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To provide improved administration of our Site, Application, and Services to you, and to measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience with our Site Application and Services, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from your computer or device, including but not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit and the web pages, content, and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about the type of content accessed via our Services;
- The site you visited before and after visiting our Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your browser online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including non-global mobile device identification numbers;
- Information about your device such as your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, advertising identifiers, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device; and
- Information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or Application or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
- Automated Decision Making and Profiling. We may use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making when displaying flights and offers based on your preferences (for instance, we may show you flights for beach destinations on offer if you seem to buy tickets for such flights regularly). We may also use automated decision making in order to fulfil obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
- Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s name and e-mail address in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s name and e-mail address as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her Personal Data along with the testimonial.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Public Posts. Any content you post to public areas of the Services is available for public viewing. Once displayed on publicly viewable areas of our Services, your content can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the content that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not include Personal Data that you do not want to make public in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information after it has been cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers that conduct quality assurance testing, facilitate creation of accounts, provide technical support, and/or provide other services to SkyHi such as booking and issuing airline tickets that you purchase and providing tailored travel services within the SkyHi Application. For information about how we or our foreign-based service providers process your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit flyskyhi.com/contact.
Payments Processing: For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Authorize.Net. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://www.authorize.net/company/privacy/.
- Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
- Analytics Services. You may opt-out of tracking by certain of our analytics services by visiting the following: https://mixpanel.com/optout/ for Mixpanel and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for Google Analytics. For a full list of our Analytics Services and other opt-out options, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Ad Targeting. You may opt-out of tracking for ad targeting purposes by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
- De-Linking SNS. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account.
- Accessing, Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may access and/or change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your Personal Data within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
- Application. You can stop all futurecollection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application using the standard uninstall processes supported by your mobile device and/or the mobile application marketplace or network you use.
- Location Tracking. If you do not want location information to be automatically collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone. Please note that you may not be able to use some or all functionalities of the Services if you decide to disable location services.
- Provisions Specific to European Users.
- Who is the data controller? For the purposes of Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament (the "EU Directive") and any successor or equivalent legislation in the applicable jurisdiction, the data controller of your Personal Data (as defined below) is SkyHi.
- Sensitive Personal Data. Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site, Application and Services or otherwise to us.
- Your rights.
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive data; (iv) any new processing or your personal data we carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the Site, Application or Services may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- Your Ad Choices. Some of the third party services providers and/or advertisers may be members of the Network European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance ("EDAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioural Advertising. To learn more, visit http://www.edaa.eu/edaa-for-users which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the "opt-out" procedures of EDAA members.
- Access. You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your account or by contacting us directly.
- Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Move. Your data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
- Provisions Specific to Canadian Users.
- The definition of Personal Data and Anonymous Data in Section 5 is deleted and replaced with the following:
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that does not, by itself or in combination with other data that, alone, would be anonymous, permit the identification of individual persons and that is not associated with or linked to Personal Data.”
- The following language is added to the end of Section 5(d):
“For third parties who reside in Canada, you agree to invite only third parties with whom you have a “personal relationship” or a “family relationship.” A “personal relationship” means the relationship between an individual who sends a message and the individual to whom the message is sent, if those individuals have had direct, voluntary, two-way communications and it would be reasonable to conclude that they have a personal relationship, taking into consideration any relevant factors such as the sharing of interests, experiences, opinions and information evidenced in the communications, the frequency of communication, the length of time since the parties communicated or whether the parties have met in person. A “family relationship” means the relationship between an individual who sends a message and the individual to whom the message is sent if those individuals are related to one another through a marriage, common-law partnership or any legal parent-child relationship and those individuals have had direct, voluntary, two-way communication.”